Fire Retardant Intumescent Treatment
FIRE SAFE 108 Wood… a ready-to-use, water-base intumescent fire retardant wood treatment. Formulated primarily for use as a Class A fire retardant treatment for fibrous cellulose material.
FIRE SAFE 108 Wood Features:
- Highly durable (can withstand over 1000 scrubbing cycles)
- Enhances wood lustre
- Complies with the standard method of testing for surfaces burning characteristics of building materials, CAN4-S102-M83
- Available as a wood stain
Apply by brush, spray or dipping processes to a dry, oil free, dust free unfinished surface to allow FIRE SAFE 108 WOOD penetrate into the wood fibres. To achieve a ULC Class A rating, three coats of FIRE SAFE 108 Wood should be applied at a rate of 7.7m2/L per coat.
If any top coat to be used check compatibility.
Use FIRE SAFE 108 Wood to treat:
- Vertical and horizontal wood frames and studs
- Wooden roof deck and trusses
- Unsealed wall paneling
- Wooden stairways and hallways
- Base treatment for refinished surfaces